Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dad’s Chicken Cordon Bleu

6 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless) (flattened W/ a mallet)

6 thins slices of ham

6 slices of swiss cheese

1-1 ½ pints sour cream

2 cans cream of chicken soup

Corn Flake Crumbs

Flattened chicken is the bottom layer. Next add slice of ham. Next add chunk (cut into rectangular pieces.. like the same size and thickness of a package of 25 cent Juicy fruit..I know bad example, but I don't know how else to explain it!) of cheese onto the ham. Roll the layers jelly roll style. Fasten with toothpicks. Dip each roll into milk, dip into cornflake crumbs and brown in hot oil. Place rolls into shallow baking dish (9 x 13"). Combine sour cream and soup, stir until smooth. Pour over chicken. Bake uncovered 350 degrees for about 1 hour 15 minutes. Serve with rice.


My Dad makes this for my mom every mothers day. This is one of my Absolute favorite meals. My husband has kept this tradition in our familyyeah!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin