Monday, September 8, 2008

Easy Watermelon Sorbet


4 c. water

1 1/2 c. sugar

8 cups cubed seedless watermelon

1 can (12 oz.) frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed


In a large saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly. In batches, process the sugar syrup and watermelon in a blender or food processor. Transfer into a large bowl; stir in lemonade concentrate. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.

Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer 2/3; freeze according to manufactures directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. `

I LOVED this recipe. It was so refreshing. I thought this might be a good recipe to make for a wedding or baby shower. I'm just sad watermelons will be out of season, but I'm glad I found this recipe so next year I can make it all summer long!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin