Monday, September 8, 2008

Easy Mini Boston Cream Pies


Pre-made yellow cupcakes

Cream Filling:
1 small pkg. vanilla pudding
1 c. cream
1 c. milk

Chocolate Glaze:
3/4 c. chocolate chips (semi sweet or milk chocolate..you choose)
1 Tbls. corn syrup
3 Tbls. Butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract

Cut the cupcakes in half. Mix the vanilla pudding, cream, and milk together in a kitchen aid. refrigerate for 10 minutes. Add the cream filling in between the sliced cupcakes. In the meantime, melt the chololate chips, corn syrup, butter, and vanilla extract in a double boiler. Stir until melted and smooth. Add on top of the cream filled cupcakes. Enjoy!

I had a whole bunch of left over cupcakes that I just couldn't let go to waste so I tried to think of a fun way to eat them. So I came up with an idea to make a mini boston cream pie. I have a favorite cream filling that I use for eclairs, so I used that on the cream filling for this. I also have a good chocolate glaze recipe that I thought would be perfect for this. So I put 'em all together and this is what I came up with! Amazing..I must say!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin