Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sister Dinklemans Wheat Bread

I'm sorry about the name, you can rename this what ever you want. The title (given to me from an old Bishops wife, and visiting teacher) helps me to remember which wheat bread recipe I'm talking about.

Dissolve:
2 c. warm water
1 Tbls. yeast

Gradually add:
2 Tbls. sugar or 1/3 c. honey
3 Tbls. oil
1 Tbls. salt
1/3 gluten
About 4 cups. white wheat

Start with 4 cups flour and keep adding a little at at time until it's the right consistency. Let rise until double. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until brown on top. Put bread on cooling racks for 10 minutes, then put the bread into bread bags with a tie.

Sister Dinkleman never came visiting teaching without some type of WONDERFUL homemade treat. She was an amazing cook. I remember just after Addison was born she brought us over dinner, and with that dinner she brought this wonderful homemade bread. She brought over a couple of loaves. It took us a few days to eat it all, but somehow it stayed just as soft as they day she brought it. I asked what her secret was, and she said she puts the bread on the drying racks for just a few minutes after it comes out of the oven. Then she places them in bread bags. I thought it would make them soggy, but for some reason it didn't. I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as we do!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin