Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Zucchini Brownies

A special thanks to Kara's Kitchen Creations for this wonderful recipe

1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
2 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 1/2 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

In your kitchen aid or mixer, beat sugar, oil, vanilla, and zucchini until well blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Spread into a greased 9x13" pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean. Frost with chocolate frosting.

Frosting:

3 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp cocoa
2 cups powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp buttermilk (or milk)
dash of salt
1 tsp vanilla

Stir together butter and cocoa until it's smooth. Beat in remaining ingredients, adding buttermilk until it's the consistency you like.

I have to admit I was VERY skeptical about this recipe. Truth be told...I'm NOT a big vegetable eater...my family is...but not me! So when I first saw these I thought we'd give it a try. After all it is zucchini surrounded by chocolate right? So I gave it a go. We were excited to try this hot out of the oven. NOT a big fan! I thought it tasted too vegetable like. But just as I was going to throw them away the next day I decided to try it one more time. They were fantastic! They were so moist and not very vegetable like at all!..And to think I was going to throw them away!! You must try these.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin