Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mint Brownies To Die For


I found this FABULOUS recipe from Kara's Kitchen Creations. Thanks Kara for adding an extra 25 lbs. I didn't need! Wink wink!

3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
3/4-1 cup cocoa
1 1/2 tsp salt
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups oil
3/4 cup milk
Combine all ingredients in order listed and mix till smooth. Pour into a well greased 15x10" jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.

Mint Layer:
1/2 cup soft butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1-2 tsp peppermint extract (I use 2 because I like them really minty.)
2 Tbsp water (approximately)
Pinch of salt
A few drops of green food coloring
Beat till smooth and spread evenly over brownies. Chill for a few minutes to set.

Chocolate topping:
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 Tbsp butter
Melt butter in glass bowl in microwave. Add chips and cook at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Drizzle over mint layer. Chill for 1 hour.

*Holy smokes! I think I need to re-name this recipe "Brownies for a crowd"! This made enough for your whole ward! Too bad I almost ate the whole pan all by myself! The only thing I would do differently is ...I think I would cut the chocolate topping in half, and use milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet other then that...Simply to die for!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin