Saturday, September 19, 2009

Orange Breakfast Bread


Original recipe found HERE from Recipe Box

2 rolls Hungry Jack Biscuits (or other flaky pull apart biscuits) (We used 3 cans or buttermilk biscuits)
1/2 c. orange juice
1/2 c. butter
1 cup sugar

Lightly pull apart a couple of layers on each biscuit, then lay the biscuits standing on end in greased bundt pan.
Combine orange juice, butter, and sugar in small saucepan and stir until boiling and the sugar is dissolved. Pour as much sauce as you can over the biscuits, and in between if possible. If it all doesn't fit, save some to make a glaze with the left over sauce. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Invert on a serving plate and serve warm.

*I had about a half of pan of left over sauce that I put in my kitchen aid. Then I dumped in some powdered sugar and mixed on high to get the desired consistency. Then I poured the glaze over the warm bread.

Next time I'd like to try these with the rolls that are recommended. The buttermilk biscuits were all we had on hand. But they were still delicious!!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin