Sunday, October 5, 2008

Soft and Moist Banana Bread

1/4 c. butter
1 1/3 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sour cream
1 1/2 c. mashed bananas

Cream above Mixture together

Add:

3/4 tsp. salt
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. chopped pecans or walnuts

Mix well


Grease bread pan with pam, and add banana bread batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. This makes 2 loaves.


We LOVE eating warm banana bread with melted butter on top. Ummm. We always like to double the batch and make some for the neighbors.



*Growing up I remember seeing brown bananas on the kitchen counter and being so tempted to throw them away, but I know if I mentioned it to my mom, she would quickly reply.."Don't throw the bananas away, I'm planning on making banana bread". I was so happy when she actually did make the banana bread!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin