Sunday, February 3, 2008

Crepes

4 Eggs
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 c. Flour
1 c. Milk
1 c. Cold Water
4 Tbsp. Melted Butter

------------------------

For best results, mix in a blender. Mix milk, water, eggs, and salt first. Add flour and butter.
Blend until batter is smooth. *(I skip this next part, because I'm usually in a hurry...they turn out fine) Chill batter for at least one hour to allow the flour to expand and air bubbles to collapse. May need to add milk or water and thin out batter again. Preheat pan and pour 2-4 tablespoons of batter. Immediately rotate and tilt to make a thin layer. Serve with favorite filling. Enjoy!
------------------------------------------------

*Ideas for toppings

We like to put lemon or lime juice and powdered sugar on top
Maple Syrup & Powdered Sugar
Fresh Berries & Powdered Sugar


*This recipe reminds me of eating at my sister-in-law (Marci's) parents house. Marci's brother in law Scott served a mission in France. Shortley after he returned, he made a wonderful crepe breakfast. However, I'm sure this is not the real authentic recipe. I'll have to get that from him.




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin