Monday, August 15, 2011

Grilled Ham and Swiss Cheese Panini

Rosemary Olive Oil Bread (In the Artistan bread section of the grocery store)
Ham sliced thin
Swiss cheese
Tomatoes
Butter
Garlic Salt

Pesto Sauce Spread:
1/4 c. mayonnaise (I like the mayo made with olive oil)
1 t. pesto

Butter both sides of each slice of bread. Sprinkle desired amount of garlic salt on one side of each piece of bread. Grill in panini maker until bread slices are golden brown. Take off the grill. Spread the pesto sauce on one side of bread. Add ham and cheese. Top with other slice of bread. Add whole sandwich to grill. Grill until golden brown. Open the sandwich and add tomato slices.

We have a fabulous little restaraunt here in Sitka that serves these grilled paninis. I ALWAYS crave these....but at $12 a pop, I've learned to make them at home.
I know the directions are a little hard to understand, so if you need me to clarify them for you..just email me.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin