Thursday, March 19, 2009

Erika's Favorite Sweet & Sour Chicken

I received this wonderful recipe from Kerri in Price( I worked in the pre-school with her at the college)

Roll chicken pieces in an egg mixture. Then dip in 1/2 flour to 1/2 cornstarch mixture.

Deep fry until golden brown.

Put cooked chicken into a shallow pan and pour the sweet and sour sauce over the top.

SWEET & SOUR SAUCE:
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. vinegar
1/4 c. chicken broth
4 Tbls. Ketchup
1 Tbls. Soy Sauce

Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

I know this isn't a very detailed recipe. When I make this I usually use about 1 lb. of chicken strips. Then I mix a few eggs in a bowl and dip the chicken in it. Roll it in the flour and cornstarch mixture, and then follow the rest of the directions.

I've had many sweet and sour chicken recipes, but I must say this is my favorite one of all times!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin